The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is one of Canada’s longest-standing institutions and is deeply embedded in the history and unfolding story of our country. The RCMP and its symbols – the “red serge”, Mounties on horseback, and the Musical Ride – have become icons of Canadian Heritage familiar around the world.
The RCMP Heritage Centre is dedicated to telling the story of the RCMP. The Centre represents a rich space for historical preservation, exploration of alternate perspectives, and the pursuit of reconciliation.
The Friends of the Mounted Police Heritage Centre (The Friends) is a non-profit organization committed to supporting the RCMP Heritage Centre through volunteer and monetary support. Over the past 20 years, The Friends have donated thousands of volunteer hours and more than $2,000,000 towards the maintenance of the former RCMP Centennial Museum and the current RCMP Heritage Centre.
The Administrative Support Clerk plays a vital role in the administration and claims process for the Pillars of the Force initiative, led by The Friends. This initiative is dedicated to honoring members of the RCMP while also telling their stories. The Pillars of the Force allows RCMP Members, Member families and loved ones, and RCMP public service employees to stake their claim and add to their legacy by having their names engraved on a nameplate, or etched onto a brick, and placed amongst the pillars in the Princess Royal Walk at the RCMP Heritage Centre.
- Hours of Work: 12 hours/week
- Length of Employment: 26-week term
- Salary: $18/hour
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position reports to the Administrative and Operations Specialist of the RCMP Heritage Centre.
- The position will be required to work on-site at the RCMP Heritage Centre and will be provided the appropriate equipment to accurately and effectively perform duties
- Oversee the administrative process for the Pillars of the Force initiative, including but not limited to:
- Liaise with donors to collect and finalize claim information.
- Process claims applications.
- Liaise with The Friends to ensure the claims process runs smoothly internally and from the donor’s perspective.
- Coordinate the placement and installation of the bricks.
- Create and maintain procedure manuals.
- Data Management:
- Maintain the Pillars of the Force master databases and paper file system.
- Reconcile claim information in the master databases and on the website to ensure the information is correct and presented in a consistent format.
- Liaise with donors to collect details and stories that will be posted on the online Virtual Pillars.
- Liaising and working alongside RCMP Heritage Centre staff and volunteers and working and communicating frequently with members of the Friends of the Mounted Police Heritage Centre.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding the Pillars of the Force initiative and/or status of a claim.
- Grade 12
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in an administrative role with a focus on data entry, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must be proficient in a range of computer office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have experience with Office 365.
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and integrity with an exemplary, friendly, and patient customer service focus.
- Demonstrates clear and articulate written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates above average organization and time management skills.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the RCMP is considered an asset.
- Experience working within a non-profit setting is considered an asset.
- A criminal record check through the Regina Police Service will be conducted for this position and hiring is contingent of the successful candidate passing this clearance.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Application closes May 24, 2023
We are a place for all Canadians and equal opportunity and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
We thank everyone for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter by email to email@example.com by May 24, 2023.