SEASONAL BUILDING AND GROUNDS ASSISTANT
The RCMP Heritage Centre is seeking an energetic, positive, and proactive individual for the position of Seasonal Building and Grounds Assistant. The seasonal assistant provides support with indoor and outdoor building and grounds maintenance, assists with lawn care, window washing, painting, changing lights, and may also assist with event set-up and tear-down, and other duties as required. This is a multi-faceted, hands-on labour position that allows you to work outdoors, be active, and learn about the museum and attraction world.
The RCMP Heritage Centre is a non-profit museum and cultural centre (not owned or operated by the RCMP). We provide an outstanding guest experience to visitors from around the world through our galleries, tours, classroom and family-friendly activities and programs, and public events (such as Canada Day).
The RCMP Heritage Centre is open 7 days per week therefore, the ability to work weekends on a flexible schedule is required. We are hiring one seasonal building and grounds assistant for 16 weeks, from May to September, with the possibility to extend or review the contract beyond Labour Day. This position is for 37.5 hours/week with a starting wage of $14/hour.
This position assists the Building Manager in indoor and outdoor maintenance, care, and custodial tasks including but not limited to; lawn and yard care and cleaning, cleaning and maintaining sidewalks, paths, and public parking lot, cleaning and tidying the facility, loading and unloading equipment or freight, replacing fixtures, stocking paper products, maintaining a neat and tidy workshop and workspace, supporting appropriate health and safety guidelines and requirements, and other duties as required.
- Experience using outdoor power equipment (lawn mower, weed whipper, power washer, etc.) will be considered an asset;
- Experience and enjoyment working outdoors; Outdoor work will be a requirement regardless of weather conditions;
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs in a safe manner;
- Must be able to follow direction and work independently;
- Must be outgoing, personable, and be able to work well in a team environment;
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively with others, yet also able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- French or other second language is considered an asset;
- Being trained in first aid is considered an asset
- Criminal Record Check
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and flexible hours as needed
- Applications close May 12th, 2023
Please send your resume by email to email@example.com by May 12th, 2023.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.